Saturday, May 28, 2016

Birthday fishes!

Hello crafty friends! Today I have this nice bright mermaid birthday card. It was a nice change to make a little more of a unique card shape then just the standard A2 card.

Materials used:

The Greeting Farm - Mermaid Anya
Tiddly Inks - Birthday fishes sentiment
LDRS - Gilded doily die
Silhouette - center panel step card, under water scene, happy clam
Sizzix - Tim Holtz waves embossing folder
Dyllusions - Crushed grape ink spray
Ranger - Tim Holtz distress ink mowed lawn
Bundling twine
So Suzy Stamps - sequins
Cheese cloth
Fun flock - pink
Gelly roll pen - clear stardust


Copics:

Tail - BV000, BV02, V04, BV17
Hair - FV2, BV13, BV02, V09, RV09, RV06, RV02
Skin - E04, E000, E00, E11, R20
Clam - R30
Starfish - R14, R12
Fish - RV52, RV10, R21, BV02

 
I used my dyllusions ink spray on the cheese cloth to make it more color coordinating, and have fun flocked the clams tongue to give her something nice and soft to sit on.  Because the clam is a svg file and lot completely flat I used scotch 3m foam tape to adhere her. The gold sparkly shell at the bottom is just a button embellishment I picked up at the craft store.
 
 
 
This card was a lot of fun to make and one of my favorites! hope you enjoyed it as much as I have. Thanks for stopping by!
 
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
                                        Wednesday challenge blog Anything Goes
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, love the design and your wonderful colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This card is really spectacular! I love the rich colors you used and how you created a whole magical underwater world for your mermaid. The bits of twine and the shell embellishment are gorgeous, as is the colored cheesecloth. The structure of the card itself is also genius and I wish I could do that to my hair!! I really loved seeing your project and found it totally inspiring. Thank you for sharing it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you colored the cheesecloth!!! This is totally gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at TGF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, I love the colour of her hair !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

An inspired by challenge

 Today I have a new make I did for the Whimsy Stamps world card making day "Inspired by Challenge". I was inspired by Sue Hastead&...