Thursday, May 12, 2016

An early start on mother's day 2017!

Although Mother's day is over I have prepared this cute little shaker card for next year! I love how coloring pops on kraft paper so decided to give it a go.  This is the first time I've colored on craft paper and I now most people do it in pencil but I don't have many pencils so tried this in copics.  I was a live and learn experience!

Materials:

The Greeting Farm - Lucky Bunnies
Visible Image - bronte script
Lawn fawn - stitched circle die
Pretty pink posh - sequins
Wild orchid crafts - assorted flowers
Prisma colored pencil - white, cool gray
Copic - W6, W5, W3, W1, RV13, RV11, RV10, R20, YGO9, YG07,Y38, Y35

I used the fuse tool from we r memory keepers to make a pouch for the sequins.


 
This being my first time coloring on craft paper I looked for videos on youtube, and the ones I watched would lay down a white color first and then go on top with the colors they wanted to use but they all were coloring in pencil.  So I decided to try and lay some white pencil down first then go over it with my copics....bad idea after using my grays I noticed that white pencil had gotten on my marker tip. I tried coloring it off on a scrap piece of paper but it wouldn't come off.  Luckily it came off when I used my fingernail to scratch it off.  His tummy and ears and flower were just done with copics straight on the craft paper since I learned my lesson!
 
This bunny was done on the inside of the card with the shaker part acting as a window.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
I'd like to enter this in the following challenges: Simon Says Stamps Blog Wednesday challenge - Flowers
 

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute shaker!!! This is adorable! Thanks for joining us at TGF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I absolutely LOVE the inside!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

An inspired by challenge

 Today I have a new make I did for the Whimsy Stamps world card making day "Inspired by Challenge". I was inspired by Sue Hastead&...