Saturday, April 30, 2016

Meerkat card

Hello, so for today I wanted to get another card done to enter in a couple challenges I decided to go with this new stamp I had just ordered that's to adorable! Are these meerkats or prairie dogs I'm not really sure but they were too cute to pass up either way!

Materials used:

Clearly Besotted - Got your back stamp
Mama Elephant - hello Die
Strathmore - Bristol paper
Pretty pink posh - sequins
Wink of Stella - clear
Zig Clean Color Real brush

Zig colors I used to do this are:

Sky - Persian blue, Lemon yellow, yellow, orange
Dirt - DK brown, Mid brown, and light brown
Grass - Light green, Yellow green, and Olive green
Meerkats - Black, Pale pink, Oatmeal, DK oatmeal, Brown, Beige, and Gray brown

I usually don't list the paper I use but I read on someone elses blog that Bristol worked really well with these markers and boy were they right! It really made a big difference for me since I'm really not that good with water coloring.

I die cut the hello out 5x and used stick it paper to adhere them together but I think next time I'll use a thicker cardstock so I don't have to layer it so much.  I was trying to use up some of my scraps and that's why I used a thinner cardstock on this. Thanks for stopping by!

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges : Markerpop! Challenge #93 Anything goes
                                                              Simon Says Stamps Wednesday blog challenge Anything goes

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Julie! I love the scene you've created and your sky looks wonderful.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

An inspired by challenge

 Today I have a new make I did for the Whimsy Stamps world card making day "Inspired by Challenge". I was inspired by Sue Hastead&...