Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Yeti for Christmas!

 Hi crafty friends! I'm back with my next creation for MFT's Card Design Superstar. Today I decided to work on innovation master. Last year I entered with a chibi lights card and once again I'm back to the chibi lights, I have no idea why since they are kind of a pain to work with, atleast for me they are! So I had this idea to use the MFT dienamics meet in the middle to activate the chibi lights instead of the regular pressing down. I also wanted to make a couple of presents move to make it look as though my yeti was bursting through the gifts (not sure if I achieved that look.lol). So below you'll find a little on my process.




Materials used

MFT - Beast Friends, Jingle all the way (presents)

MFT - Meet in the middle, Starry circle

chibi lights, copper tape




While assembling this card I decided that the my pull tab would be going up instead of the bottom of the card because I wanted the presents to pull away from my yeti not towards him.


I put the copper tape around my pull tab at where I wanted it to stop on the card to make the connections for the lights. I then used score tape to adhere my battery to the top of that copper line, and put together my circuit. While testing it I ran into some problems, it wasn't making a strong enough contact between the pull tab and the circuit.  First I tried layering the copper tape to lift it higher so that it would touch the pull tab better, this didn't help. 


I solved this by placing my broken earth magnet to the back so when the battery runs over the magnet pulls it towards it making a stronger connection.


Colored with copic markers, and distress oxides for the background sky. Adding the chibi lights caused a lot of dimension in this card. I'll have to head to the store for more foam tape! Over all I'm super happy that I was able to accomplish my idea and really love they way this card turned out, hope you enjoyed it to! Here's a short video of it in action.


If you can't view this video here it's also available on my instagram @verlassen75


1 comment:

An inspired by challenge

 Today I have a new make I did for the Whimsy Stamps world card making day "Inspired by Challenge". I was inspired by Sue Hastead&...