Friday, September 16, 2016

Color challenge

Hello friends! Today I wanted to try to do the MFT color challenge. I've never done a color challenge before and I needed to make a card for my son's birthday so I decided to kill two birds with one stone! My challenge was taking the colors and laying it out so that it would be more appropriate for a four year old boy! As you can see below the scheme is a little on the feminine side. I was excited to use these cute little dragons from MFT and of course some chibitronics! I'm not sure if my circuitry is bad or my battery is a little old but its not lighting up as well as I'd like, luckily his birthday is still a month away and i have some time to mess with it a little more. Hopefully i don't wreck anything in the process!


Materials used:

MFT - Magical Dragons
Chibitronics - copper tape, white LED
The Alley Way - Once upon a time
Purple Onion Designs - Stacey Yucala: trees
Stampersanonymous - Tim Holtz swirls, mini stencil set 3
Lawn Fawn - Stitched Hillside pop-ups, stitched hillside borders
Ranger - enamel accents yellow, grit paste, distress ink mowed lawn
Uni posca - white
Wink of stella - clear
Gelly roll - gold, silver
Vellum - orange, yellow


Copics used:

E21, E25, E29, E97, E95, E93, E37, E35, E34, E31, E04, E11, E00, E000, R20, C7, C5, C3, W7, W5, W3, YG99, YG97, YG95


Like so many others I had to let this little guy light up!


Finally the last part, turning this card into a pop up! This is probably my most interactive card yet, and I absolutely love pop-ups!

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:



2 comments:

  1. Wow this is a stunning card. I love it there is so much to look at. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...this is SO cute! I especially love the light up feature...very clever. Thank you so much for playing along with the At the Movies Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete

An inspired by challenge

 Today I have a new make I did for the Whimsy Stamps world card making day "Inspired by Challenge". I was inspired by Sue Hastead&...