Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Storybook mixed media


I have to say looking at the challenges on the Simon Says Stamp blog I came across Catherine Cowles DT make for the patterned paper challenge and was totally inspired. So when starting to put together my 4 year olds room I knew I had to make something that looked like my little pony for her since she loves it so much. I wanted to give this picture a story book look to it and couldn't help but think that Catherine's card was the perfect inspiration for this!



Sky:
zig clean color real brush - cobalt blue, Persian blue, peacock blue, pale pink, pink
Dylusions paint - London blue
Ranger texture paste - transparent matte
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz -

Tree:
Purple Onion designs - Stacey Yacula: The perfect spot
Tim Holtz -  idea-ology tissue paper, distress inks mowed lawn, bundled sage, distress crayons vintage photo,

Bushes:
Purple Onion Designs - Stacey Yacula: Garden bushes, garden trees
Zig clean color real brush - deep violet, violet, light violet, dark pink, Persian green, purple, cornflour blue, orange, lemon yellow, yellow
Liquid pearls - watermelon
Ranger Tim Holtz distress ink - seedless preserves
patterned paper
Gelly roll pen - gold, metallic green, white

I started off doing the grass with the zig clean color but I'm not that great with water colors so went over the top portion with my dylusions paint.

Grass:
Dylusions paint - fresh lime
Viva inka-gold - violet, yellow gold
Decoart dazzling metallic - festive green
Ranger Tim Holtz distress ink - mowed lawn
Liquid pearls - watermelon, buttercup
patterned paper
Thecraftersworkshop.com 6x6 stencil - mini cherry blossoms
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz - dot fade

 
I then glued down my patterned paper to the lower half to cover up my hideous water coloring skills.lol

 
I colored the ponies to look like my little pony characters and although it doesn't show in the picture put wink of stella in their manes. I fastened them down with foam tape.


Ponies:
The Greeting farm - Magical friends
Zig clean color real brush - colbalt blue, dark pink, light pink, pale pink, light gray, wine red, red, orange, yellow, lemon yellow, may green, deep violet, violet, light violet
Zig wink of stella - clear

 
Finally I secured the whole canvas to the inside of a shadow box frame I picked up at target.
 
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

An inspired by challenge

 Today I have a new make I did for the Whimsy Stamps world card making day "Inspired by Challenge". I was inspired by Sue Hastead&...