Friday, March 18, 2016

Easter Card

This is my first Easter card ever and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.  I decided to do a shaker/ easel card, lately I've just been obsessed with making shaker cards still trying to get it just right I usually add too little cutouts or sequins or my space is to small to really see anything that's being shaken.lol



Copics used - W5, W3, W1, C3, YR18, YR14, Y06, FB2, B16, B02, E81, R20, R30

Other materials used

Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz collection - Bird Crazy, Crazy Things
Tim Holtz distress inks - salty ocean, mustard seed, seedless preserves, mowed lawn, picked raspberry
Bo Bunny - Flourish dies
Bo Bunny - Coral Pearlescents
Liquid pearls- ocean blue
Pretty Pink Posh - various sequins
Miss Kate Cuttables - cute easter eggs
Deco Foil - rainbow arcoiris

I used Sakura Quickie Glue to adhere the foil, I would say it turned out ok but not perfect.  From what I've seen toner works best but I don't have the space to purchase a laser printer just to do a little foiling.

 
I hope you enjoyed this card and thanks for stopping by! I'm entering this card in the markerpop challenge.
 
http://blog.markerpop.com/category/challenges/
 
 

Saturday, March 5, 2016

sympathy card

Hello, new post today wanted to get this up for the markerpop challenge before it ends.  I made this sympathy card for my mom who's guitar teacher recently passed.  Only two markers were used along with the copic airbrush.

 
To create this card I used Copic BV31, and BV01 with the Copic airbrush. I used a background svg image from Bird's cards and cut it with stencil material to airbrush this background in. The guitar was a svg file from the silhouette online store and flowers were from wild orchid crafts. 

 
I basically just did some layering used some tim holtz tissue then layered my guitar on top of it and used some textured paste to blend one side of the guitar edge lines into the card. I realize its not smoothly blended in I wanted to give it more of an artistic look.lol I also airbrushed the rose because it was originally pink and while I do have a small pink flower in there a big one just didn't look right. If you wondering why there's some parts that looks like I just globed glue on there it was actually the tim holtz crackle paste, I have to say I don't really care for it much I think I put it on too thick here and that's why it didn't turn out right but I've tried a thin layer a long time ago and didn't like how that turned out either. I know he has a new line of the crackle so wondering if that's any better.

Finally, with all those flowers this card was not gonna fit into any envelope so had to create a box for it. I again airbrushed the top of the box and I also used versamark with a bronte script stamp from Visible Image, and over that stamped my memory box stamp fluttering with memento grape jelly.
 
Thanks for stopping bye!